gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Baby Steps

I know, I know. I post a lot. I try to keep it to once a day which is hard. There is just so much stuff going on right now. I don't keep a real paper personal journal like I did for so long. Instead, I post here. If you don't feel like reading my posts, then don't.

Anyway, I think we are getting closer to Pink, or at least to DNA. Yesterday my agency had me send in another payment form for the second DNA test. (Notice I said I sent in another one, which means I am implying I sent one in before. I would elaborate on this but I decided when we got out of PGN that I would play nice with our agency for awhile.) I have been stalking my credit card bill for a charge for weeks now and last night I discovered that the testing lab put a hold on my card for the amount of the test. It is only a hold, not an actual charge. Even an actual charge wouldn't necessarily guarantee that the test was done but a hold on the money is good too. We know that the lab has our payment information and they are ready to go. I am ready to go. William may not know it but he is ready to go. Our file just has to get translated so it is ready to go.

Our stuff is getting ready to go to Guatemala as well. I started packing two nights ago. Well, sorta packing. I printed out my list of things to pack and went through it, adding and deleting some items. Then I started to make a little pile of things, mostly toiletries and my bathing suit - you know, the most important things. Last night I cleaned up a bit in our office which will be William's room until we feel that Marcus and William won't wake each other up too much during the night. Greg finished working on the laundry room/sewing room. It was the most inexpensive household project ever. He used leftover paint from the downstairs bathroom. (Cost $0.) We moved my existing desk. (Cost $0.) Then he set up some shelving that we can use to stack our laundry baskets on. We already had the shelves. (Cost $0.) The only thing in there that was new was about 10-15 feet of vinyl baseboard type stuff which was really cheap. I'll have to attempt to take a picture of the tiny space and post it eventually. Greg has also been working on getting the baseboards in the game room installed so we can finally move our furniture out of the garage and use the room again.

On top of all this there is crazy busy weekend that starts around 5:00 this evening. We are going to make a quick stop at my parents' house and drop Marcus off there to play. Greg and I are going on our last date for awhile. William will be home soon (yay!!) and I know I won't be ready to leave him with anyone for several months, even our very trustworthy parents. So this is it. Greg and I are going to head to my college town, a place I will always hold so near and dear to my heart - Morgantown, WV. One of my favorite bands is playing, Will Hoge, and I am really not all that excited about the concert. I just got off the phone with my best college friend and we are going to have dinner with him and his wife before the show. I haven't seen them since they got married back in May and I can't wait! On top of that, Will Hoge is performing at my old favorite hang out, a rundown dingy place (although I think they have cleaned it up a bit). If you are looking for me tonight, that is where we will be.

In the wee hours of the morning we will return home and with no sleep and tomorrow will begin. (I haven't quite figured out how to get Marcus to realize that mommy and daddy were out late the night before and he should just play for hours in his crib and let us sleep in.) Friday Greg and I are off work and will hopefully get around to cleaning our scary dirty house. We also have to get some food because we are having a cookout for about 25 people on Saturday. Saturday before the cookout Marcus and I are heading to the playgroup for families who have adopted from Guatemala that I put together. I am thinking that as soon as the last guest leaves on Saturday, I will be headed for bed.

The best part of all of this is that I likely won't have time to post so y'all can get a break from reading my nonsense.

3 Comments:
At 9:56 AM, Blogger jen said...

I don't know about your other readers, but I think I will stop reading your posts. Really, it's just too much. It was nice while it lasted.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

OMG, Jen has an evil side!?!?

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Amy said...

No need to apologize for all of the posting. I'm happy that someone around here posts on a regular basis. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home