gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Pumpkin Patch

Today Marcus went on his first trip to a pumpkin patch. I think it might have only been my second trip. We had so much fun that I foresee lots of pumpkin patch visits in the years to come. I am already looking forward to taking both Marcus and William there next year. Marcus and I drove down to meet up with my mom, sister, and my niece and nephew. The intent was for Marcus to take a nap on the way down but he was enjoying the beautiful colorful fall scenery instead. Once we all arrived at my parents' house, we were off to The Spring House in Eighty Four, PA, a dairy farm that has a country store and, of course, a pumpkin patch. I used to go to The Spring House quite often as a kid for candy and ice cream and even worked there for a very short three weeks back in high school. I was very excited to get to share the place with Marcus. It was a perfect fall day, kinda cool and very windy.

Marcus got to pet an ass. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist saying that.) He also petted a couple of sheep and some goats too.


There were lots of activities for kids there including this area that had a six foot ball in it that you could roll around or, in Marcus's case, watch as other people rolled it around.


Soon we were on a hay ride that would take us up to the top of the hill where there were two pumpkin patches, a maze made out of hay bales, and a corn maze. I took tons of pictures and so many of them turned out great so most of the rest of this will just be pictures that are worth a thousand words. I took so many pictures in fact that my fully charged battery died by the end.





In the Hay Maze








My niece Maria busting a move on some hay




Being lost in hay is tiring


I don't think anyone will notice if I just hop on over this bale...


I'll just keep my head low and they won't be able to see me cheating




One more little perilous move and I'm outta here




View from the Pumpkin Patch




This pumpkin has bumps




Maria, Scott, and Marcus (no, he isn't napping, just blinking)






Even falling is funny when you are in a pumpkin patch


A pumpkin blossom exactly 2 seconds before it was ripped from the vine and torn into shreds


Lost in the corn maze (5 feet from the exit)




Marcus totally adores his cousin Scott and follows him everywhere


Corn is funny


I interrupt to part of the picture show for a disclaimer. I never said that I wasn't a bit goofy or off the wall or even inappropriate at times. How could I not be growing up with my fabulous family? Take my dear mother for example. I am sure she will be thrilled to death when she realizes that I have posted these photos of her on a public blog but really, could it be any more embarrassing than a certain video I have posted of her in the past? As you may have noticed from previous pictures, the pumpkin patch also had some gourds as well. My mother liked these gourds. She thought they would make wonderful seasonal decorations. She picked up a few and put them in the side pockets of her sweatshirt. Soon, she ran out of pockets though. Really, where else should she have put them?




"Here, Grammy. Stuff this in there too."




Marcus was quite fatigued from his fun and lack of nap. I thought he might fall asleep on the hay ride back down the hill. Then he heard me say something about ice cream and he was able to keep his eyes open. After eating most of my ice cream, it was time to do some more playing with pumpkins.






And thus was the end of a wonderful fall day. Marcus was asleep before we left the parking lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home