gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Sunday, December 02, 2007

In Perspective

First, let me say that I am SOOOO excited!! Amanda gave birth to a beautiful, healthy little baby girl yesterday at 7:59pm. (Actually, I have no clue if she is beautiful or not since I haven't seen her but since Amanda is quite a dish, I figure she can't be that bad.) It was a long labor but the result was an 8lb 4 oz little girl they named Eleni Jean. I seriously haven't been this excited about a baby since... well, since mine. I'm hoping to get a chance to visit the happy little family while they are still in the hospital but we will see how things go.

For some reason today, after my kids went down for a nap, I got totally stressed. You would think that my stress would come while they were actually awake, and it does, but it was like the doom of what lies ahead when they wake up. Even then, no clue what doom that would be. We have a nice afternoon planned with a visit from Amy and Heather. Anyway, I decided to sit down and check out some "stuff" on the web. I clicked on the Mayan Families Blog. I don't read it that often only because there is so much that happens there and there is so much I want to help with and I don't even know WHAT to help with. Today the first few pictures caught my eye. They were pictures of a couple of moms holding their babies, babies that look to be about the age of my babies. These babies were also severely malnourished and were now going to be getting supplies of milk to help out. I am sure every mother sometimes feels like they are just not a good mother. I always feel like I could give more more more even when I know I really have nothing else to give. Both Marcus and William's birthmoms made an adoption plan because they didn't want their sons to be malnourished. They wanted Marcus and William not only to have good food to eat but toys to play with, opportunities for education, and families that had time everyday to worry about things other than just surviving. Their birthmoms felt that they couldn't provide all these things. So maybe I am not fully attentive all the time. Maybe I lose my temper. Maybe I get tired of Marcus wanting me to read the same book for the millionth time or William hanging on my legs while I am trying to fix dinner. I do, however, have kids that have good food to eat, toys to play with, education opportunities, and families that have time to just sit and read or cuddle. I know I am not a perfect mom but I am positive that Marcus and William's birthmoms would be happy to know they their sons are in our home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home