gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I'm going to try to make this quick since I am exhausted, but I am also long-winded so who knows.

This was the best Thanksgiving ever! I have never had so much to be thankful for. We arrived safely (and early) last night/this morning. We were welcomed home with balloons on the mailbox, flowers on our table, and two very excited grandmas. William was being shy (a rare occurrence) since he was so tired. It took him a little bit to calm down and fall asleep. I was so tired myself, and just overcome with all kinds of emotions. After William was asleep I went to find my mommy who was sleeping on the couch. I don't care how old you are, but when you are tired and emotional, you just want to have your mommy. I gave my mommy a huge hug (crying all the while) and thanked her a billion times for helping my mother-in-law take such wonderful care of Marcus while Greg and I were busy getting the newest family member home. I am sorry I didn't get to thank my mother-in-law as much (actually I could NEVER thank either of them enough) for all the hard work they put in this past week. Thank you thank you thank you!!

I couldn't get to sleep for a little while last night which was insane since I was dead tired. This morning Marcus woke me up. He was in complete shock when I went in his room. He just stood there frozen, smiling from ear to ear for about 2 straight minutes. Most of the rest of the day, all things considered, he was pretty normal. He was a bit more cuddly than usual and insisted on being on me or Greg (usually in the form of crawling all over us or hugging my legs). He did have a couple meltdowns today but that was to be expected. His space was suddenly invaded. His parents just came back after six days of being gone. He has a molar poking through his gums. And he was too excited to take much of a nap today.

William did a lot of sleeping today. We have decided to pretty much force Marcus's general schedule on him in hopes to give us all some down time (you know, so I can blog). It might mean that William ends up getting up super early tomorrow. I just put them both down for bed and William isn't used to going to bed until about 2.5 hours from now. Wish us luck (and sleep).

I think we are all going to work out great as a happy little family. There were a few tiffs today over who was playing with which toy and Marcus wanting to smush William with hugs when William didn't want any. But, there was also a lot of interaction between the two. We were playing "Row row", one of Marcus's favorite games in which he sticks out his arms to anyone and everyone and says, "Row row!" Then we sing "Row, row, row your boat" while rocking back and forth. I did the game with Marcus, then William, then Marcus again. Then Marcus stuck his hands out to William and said, "Row row!!" Marcus and William held hands and they did "Row row" together. (Pictures will follow of this obscene cuteness at some point.) After that round of "Row row" ended, Marcus ran over to the pooch and yelled at her, "Row row!"

One sad thing, I didn't get to spend Thanksgiving with my family this year. My immediate family (including their offspring, two aunts, an uncle, and some cousins) were mostly gathered at my sister's. Greg's family was at his mom's house. We were here. I did call my sister though to wish her a Happy Thanksgiving while everyone was still there. I wasn't the least bit concerned with not getting a proper Thanksgiving meal. That was until my mom and Greg's mom told us this morning not to worry about cooking today because our Thanksgiving meal would be delivered.

Huh? They wouldn't give us any other clues. I had no idea what to expect. Even the prospect of getting some pizza delivered today to save me from having to feed myself made me a very happy person.

Greg and I somehow managed to get both kids to take a nap at the same time this afternoon and in the midst of their nap, Greg yelled to me that I had visitors. There was Amanda and Carrie at my door. At first was I slightly perturbed since they showed up unannounced (when I specifically told anyone who was going to show up to at least call first) and I hadn't showered or brushed my teeth for 36 hours AND I was still in my pj's AND I had only had about 5 hours of sleep in the past 36 hours. Then it all hit me. THEY WERE THE ONES DELIVERING THE FOOD!! All my knitting friends were together last weekend and it occurred to Cara that we wouldn't get a Thanksgiving dinner. So with lots of good brains put together, Cara, Amanda, Carrie, Amy, Rachel, and Camille all pitched in. We were presented with a full Thanksgiving dinner from Boston Market - a dinner for TEN PEOPLE!! Yeah, I cried. I really have the best friends ever!!! Carrie and Amanda had been gloating about how they would get to see William first but the trick was on them since he was sleeping. They were out the door in a hurry though, determined to let us enjoy the food and time with our newest family member. Greg and I got to work getting everything heated up for our meal which included, a WHOLE turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, vegetables, and cornbread. Might I remind you, the meal was for Greg, myself, Marcus, and William. That adds up to about 2.4 people. NOT TEN. We have enough food to last us several days which is extremely exciting. The food was great. Marcus was covered in stuffing and mashed potatoes. And my friends are AWESOME!! Although the jerks didn't include a pumpkin pie or maid service to clean up afterwards :)

I'll surely post lots and lots of pictures of today's events soon but I must get to bed. Besides, I said this was going to be quick and it definitely was not.

2 Comments:
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Cara said...

Oh annie, i'm soooo happy to help bring this to you! in fact it seriously brings tears to my eyes to know that you two were so excited and are so appreciative :) I mean, really you gotta have turkey and fixin's on thanksgiving! it was a must!

something funny, i was so consumed with making my own bird at home and catering to my own family that i totally forgot that it was happening today until i sat down to have dessert around 6:30 this evening. then i thought of you guys and i smiled :)

happy thanksgiving friend!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home