gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hittin' the Road

I've been hanging out and enjoying William too much on this trip to really post much. Today was a boring day for the most part anyway. We pretty much just had to hang out and wait for the Visa to be brought to us by our attorney's office. We spent most of the time in the kid's lounge. Someone had left behind a Baby Sitter's Club book, Kristy's Big Day to be exact. I read so many of those books when I was a kid and picked up this one just to read a page or two while William and Greg were having some one on one time. I remembered most of the book... and ended up reading the whole darn thing today.

On our last trip we started calling William "Smiles" because that is mostly all he did. That aspect of him hasn't changed much since our last trip as I am sure you can tell from most of our photos of the little cheeseball. I decided to dress him accordingly this time around.


As I am sure most people with 11 month olds will tell you, they are always on the move. As much as I have just wanted to snuggle up with William this whole trip, he just has had too much exploring to do. The best part of my day was when he decided that sitting on my lap for about 30 minutes was the best possible use of his time. Greg probably thought I was being a William hog but I had to seize the moment!


We have run into two families that we met on our last trip here. It was nice to see them again. We also have spent a little time with another family that we met during the adoption process. William was quite smitten with their little girl Lola tonight... but mainly because of her car.

This car was awesome! It was remote control so Lola's big brother was remotely at the wheel while the kids went for a ride (looking lovingly into each other's eyes and holding hands along the way).


It was a bit dark but Greg did capture a little video of the ride on camera.


Tomorrow we are heading back to the states! We are so anxious to get home and start being a family of four. I have spent so much time this trip thinking about how fortunate we are to get to have William (and Marcus too of course) in our lives. My heart goes out to all those families still waiting.

3 Comments:
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Have a safe trip home! Hope your flights are not delayed and time spent in line is short... I don't envy you for flying today, that is for sure!

Can't wait to meet you William!!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Have a safe trip! It will be great to have you HOME! :-)))))

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I know you won't see this until you get home...but I hope your trip goes smoothly!

I'm so incredibly happy for you guys and I can't wait to meet Mr. Smiley! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home