gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Lastest Events

Since we changed our way of making our photos public and I wasn't sure how to post pictures anymore, I haven't been able to share lots and lots of fabulous photos. I'm back though, and this time with pictures! There really isn't much to say that I haven't said already that doesn't involve pictures. William is adjusting quite well. He sleeps great which is a must in this family. He has spent several days protesting story reading before nap and bedtime, but his protests are getting weaker. He didn't eat a whole lot at first which I think was mainly because of his cold and maybe partly because of adjusting this his new family. Tonight we couldn't shovel it in fast enough! Now, on to the pictures of what we have been up to around here!

Oh, one little disclaimer here. I am really not as ugly as these pictures make me out to be. I have been way uglier these past few days than normal because I don't have to shower daily, I don't have to get out of my pj's and sweats, and I certainly do not need to fix my hair or wear makeup under any circumstances. My current favorite wardrobe piece is my hat that you will see I am sporting in several of the photos. I am wearing it now actually too.

So, here is what we have been up to.

Singing silly songs with my boys:


Marcus still loves doing what William is doing. Quite often we have simultaneous sippy cup drinking. It isn't even good enough to drink together in the same room. Marcus insists on sitting right next to William when they sip.


My in-laws visited last Saturday. Unfortunately William was feeling rather under the weather from his cold and Marcus was getting the cold and wasn't particularly chipper either. I didn't get a single picture of my in-laws with the kids because they were just too grumpy. No, the in-laws weren't grumpy. The kids were. The kids weren't being the least bit social. Guess my in-laws will just have to come back again. Yay!

The kids were feeling much better on Sunday when my parents visited. My mom bought Marcus and William a couple of shirts and used some iron on "things" she found to get across just the right message. They are kinda hard to read in the photos but Marcus's shirt says, "I'm the Big Brother" and William's shirt says, "I'm the Baby Brother".


My mom holding William for the first time:


William and William checking out each other. (One is my dad and the other is my son. You figure out which is which.) My dad had fallen asleep on our couch and I was trying to plop down William next to him without waking him up but it didn't really work.


More simultaneous sipping:


As you might have picked up, it kinda happened that Greg let our pooch outside the one night. Our yard is fenced in and I have the best dog in the world anyway. Only problem was that it was dark outside. Our dog is black. We can't always see her at the back door. Most of the time she will bark softly to let us know that she wants in if we don't check on her. She didn't the other night. It was cold. It was raining. She was outside for about 2 hours before she finally let us know she was out there. We just assumed that she was hiding from the kids and taking a nap somewhere else in the house. I am totally a bad doggie momma! Of course once we realized our mistake, I toweled her off and spoiled her rotten. I couldn't have her staying so cold!


Monday night football involved the Steelers. Even though both kids slept through the whole game, we had to teach William the importance of pre-gaming... for like the entire day.


Marcus and William cooked up some stew in a formula can (using train tracks to stir) for a tailgating treat.


Kids on their heads:


Marcus taught William how to use the Roll Around Dinosaur. As you can see Marcus was waiting patiently for William to get it just right.


More standing on one's head. (Please focus only on the cute kid in the foreground.)


We blew bubbles recently too.


We have actually been out of the house too. I was trying to avoid leaving much at all and stocked up on everything we would need so when William got home, we could just chill out at home. It was a great plan except that what it ended up I needed was to get out of my house! I HATE going to the grocery store but decided that it was as good of a place as any for our first outing. Everything went fine. No one cried. One Wednesday we decided to hit the mall. I am calling it a successful trip because we all made it home safely. It wasn't pretty the whole time though. About halfway through the mall William decided that he was done with the stroller. I didn't want to pick him up because then Marcus would just want to be picked up and then we would have two crying kids. Greg and I ended up taking our cues on what to do from Marcus. Marcus just got himself out of the way of the squirming, fussy kid next to him and enjoyed the mall. Sure, just about everyone we passed had to stop and check out our giant stroller filled with two kids. Even though one of them was crying, every single person flashed us a smile and said, "Awww!" Eventually William realized that the stroller was not torturing him and he ended up enjoying the rest of the ride. One funny thing that happened was that at one point, Greg had run over to look at something through a store window. So it was just me and the massive stroller with two kids. This woman from a store saw us coming, looked at the stroller, looked at me, and looked at the stroller again. She told me to hold on a second. She ran into her store and came out with a pamphlet for me. It was a pamphlet on the massage services her store offered. How did she know I needed that! Here we are headed into the mall. I can't believe Greg took this picture. He is so embarrassing sometimes :)


We have been trying to take some time at least some days where Greg and I each take one kid to get some one-on-one time. Marcus and I are incredible block builders when you leave us alone.


Today we took an outing to Target. William's foster family gave us three disposable cameras that we had left with them, full of pictures. Hopefully we will be able to see what our little guy has been up to these past few months without us. We plan to pick the pictures up tomorrow. The trip was quite a success. Not only did we all make it home safely, but no one even cried this time. Greg and I were able to finish our Christmas shopping... almost.

This evening we got out this little sun dome that a friend of mine bought Marcus for my baby shower. I asked for it to use at the beach but we haven't made it there yet. Hopefully next summer. Until then it is fun to pull out and play in.


The boys were having so much fun in the tent that I wanted to get in too. Then so did the pooch.


I am sure that all of this looks like we just have fun all the time and everything around here is perfect (apart from a little story time rejection and mall crying). It really isn't always just sunshine. Greg and I have certainly lost our tempers these past few days. I know it is not something I am proud of but it does happen. Sometimes Marcus just won't listen. Sometimes William won't stop that horrible shrieking that he does. Sometimes you just don't have enough hands. We had a little incident tonight. Things were revving up and I could feel myself going over the edge. William was winding up for his evening meltdown that we have come to expect. Marcus would just not cooperate while I was trying to get him lotioned up after bath and into his pj's. Greg was off trying to get the evening snack ready. I could feel myself on the verge of losing it. One thing I always try to remember is that God will never give you more than you could handle. God must have known right about then that I was nearing my breaking point. About all I could handle at that point was a big old laugh. That is exactly what I got.

I was fighting to keep Marcus on the changing table and I could feel William climbing up my leg. I tried really hard to get the door of the changing table closed before William could get to its contents. I failed. William got his little fingers on the worst thing that was in there - the opened trial sized bottle of lotion from our trip that I was trying to use up. William was completely unphased by the results. I busted up laughing as I yelled to Greg, "Come quick! And bring the camera!!" This was the result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home