gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Surviver

All is going well in our quaint little household... now. On Wednesday William was being incredibly cranky which made me incredibly cranky. On Thursday morning when I got him out of bed I figured out what his crankiness was all about. He was sick. He wasn't just sick at that moment. We are talking sickness at some prior point and he never made a sound about it and had spent all points after rolling around in his sick. What a way to start the day. Marcus was already awake and when he I and went to get William out of bed I just stood there thinking, "I don't even know what to do with you."

The paralysis was only temporary. Marcus looked on as I stripped down William, gave him a bath, and then got to work on doing some laundry. William didn't seem all that interested in eating (which is perfectly normal for him) and a little more sluggish than usual, but I thought he was fine.

Amanda and Eleni came over to hang out. Eleni was a barrel of fun sitting in her carrier sleeping and then sleeping some more. Apparently Marcus knows the word "baby" because he kept pointing at Eleni and saying it over and over again. We all had some lunch (even Eleni participated in that activity) and then I got the boys off for a nap. I can't tell you how nice it was to just hang out with Amanda, sipping at some tea, and chatting about whatever ridiculous subject was on our minds.

It was the calm before the storm. William woke up even sicker. He spent the entire evening just looking so very sad either sitting in my lap or sitting in Greg's lap. He had a low grade fever as well. The evening came to a close with another emergency crib sheet change and about an hour of me rocking him and slowly getting him finally to go to sleep in his crib.

Yesterday I thought he was feeling better but then things went downhill. He didn't get sick anymore but he didn't really move much either. In no way am I happy that he was ill, but in a way it was nice. He is always on the move and not one to just hang out in my lap so that was a nice change. Plus all day long I am usually trying to keep peace between the boys. Instead, Marcus was running around having a great time and he didn't have anyone to fight with or fight over toys with.

William is back to his old self today. I am trying to catch up on things I haven't been able to do with a baby in my lap (like laundry and blogging). Oh, and I have also been hanging out with my two cutie pies.

Marcus is apparently busy having another language explosion. He is pretty good at repeating most words these days although doesn't always know what he is saying. Other than that we are just getting geared up for the Steelers game tonight and looking forward to celebrating my birthday and Greg's birthday tomorrow. (Please, don't send us well wishes, only large sums of money.)

And I leave you with the many looks of William. One of the great perks of being a mom is that you get to take pictures like this of your kids and save them for later to show all their friends. This first one is actually a rather standard hairstyle of William's.


And this is the alternate hairstyle that occurs after his bath. I call this his crazy Einstein look.

4 Comments:
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Cara said...

ugh.... that sounds like a ton of fun!

i'm glad everyone seems to be on the mend!

the hair photos of will are adorable!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

I hope for your birthday everyone was healthy again! We managed to escape germ free!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Gail said...

So glad William is doing better. Happy Birthday to you and Greg. Sorry, I have no money to send.
Gail

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Jill said...

I, too, have a child with some crazy hair (see blog)! I am loving the hair photos!

Happy to hear that all are feeling a bit better... it is no fun being sick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home