gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Personal Endeavors

Here is a list of some of the stuff going on in my life in my spare time - defined by times when the kids are asleep or supposed to be asleep and I am not running around trying to get stuff done that I can't do when they are out of bed.

- Started watching Season 7 of 24 this past week. I do a lot more making fun of it these days than I did the first few seasons but I still think it is one of the best shows on TV. Spent a good part of my spare time this week emailing my concertBFF (his official title is BFF of Live Music and Televised Entertainment) about the 24 as well as talking to Greg about it too. The totally awesome telephone ring at CTU is missing this season so concertBFF and I both set our "you got mail" sound on our email to play the telephone ring. We have been emailing each other lots of pointless stuff this week just because it is so awesome to hear that phone ring sound.

- House starts again Monday. Greg and I started watching it sometime mid-last season I believe. I went back and watched all the episodes beginning in season 1 and Greg joined me in the watching of old episodes around season 2. We had planned on re-watching all the episodes from the first part of this season again before Monday but those plans got cast aside because we started watching the last season of...

- Lost. Can't wait for this to start up again this week! Greg and I watched all of last season in the past week or so. It was a short season because of the writers strike anyway. As much as I love love love this show, I also look forward to when it is all over and all of the great mystery is resolved. Until then I am looking forward to be overwhelmed with anticipation each week for the next episode.

- Grey's Anatomy started up again too. Not as crazy about this show as I was in the past but I am in it for life now I think. Same goes with Desperate Housewives.

- And yes, I have been doing other things besides watching TV. Not really sure what though... I've been playing lots of Guitar Hero! I totally rock. I have gotten to a point in the game where it has become really challenging - to the point of getting frustrating - so I am attempting to take a little break from rockin'.

- Been playing some actual guitar as well (as in, not a fake plastic one hooked up to a TV). I always end up doing guitar playing and practicing in spurts. I'll play a lot for a month and then hang it up on the wall and forget about it for a month.

- Knitting. Yeah, haven't really done any of that. I just haven't really been too inspired lately with anything I want to knit. Greg and I are working at saving every possible penny right now to replenish what we spent when we moved so I really have a hard time justifying spending money on new yarn that I am not inspired to use. Haven't sewn much of anything either unless hemming some pants counts.

- Cooking lots of good meals. I added some new recipes to our extensive list of common meals. Nothing good enough for me to want to blog about, but tasty indeed. Also started trying to work in some baking, something I have never done. Greg is excited about that. I'd mention something about one of my kids totally loving baking with his mommy but this post isn't about my kids so I won't do that. On the menu for this evening is homemade chicken pot pie. The chicken is just about cooked for that. Cooling on the stove is some coffee cake I had a lot of help mixing up this morning.

- Been getting anxious about going to see some concerts but there just aren't any that I really want to see right now in the area. I guess no one wants to tour in the dead of winter.

So I guess that sums up my personal endeavors right now. Apart from my kids, I watch TV and play guitar. I'm so exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home