gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas to All!!

Hmm... Somehow this post I wrote on December 23rd never posted so here it is.


Let the holiday celebrations begin! We've been having a good time seeing Willie and Sindy on and off these past few days as they run between different engagements they have while in town. The kids love having them around and having new people to play with... that is if this can be considered playing:


The kids got their first presents of the season today. Everyone got a new ornament to put on the Christmas tree.





This evening we had our annual Christmas dinner out with my family. For the past few years we all go out to eat around Christmas - my parents, my sister and her husband and kids, Willie and Sindy, and Greg and me and our kids. It is the one chance during the holidays that we all get to sit down together and talk and catch up and not be trying to fit in present opening and cooking and aunts and uncles and all that other stuff that goes along with the holiday. Things didn't turn out quite so smooth this year though. My brother-in-law was at home with my nephew who was sick. I wasn't quite as excited to see Willie and Sindy since I have spent some time with them these past few days. And a few minutes into the meal I started feeling under the weather and ended up spending the rest of the meal sitting out in the car. (Thanks to some Pepto when I got home, I am feeling much better.) Still nice to have almost everyone together. The last time we went out to eat I got cole slaw and Marcus ate almost all of it so this time I got him his own cole slaw. Is it normal for a 2 year old to be shoveling in a bowl of cole slaw that is almost as big as his head?


We are spending Christmas Eve with Greg's family and then Christmas Day with my family. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to see the kids enjoying Christmas this year.

Whatever you are celebrating this season, from my family to yours, have a good one!

(This photo was obviously taken a few weeks ago and is the last picture ever taken of the pooch. She will definitely be missed this holiday.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home