gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Prayers for my Pooch

Just got back from the vet. The pooch has been feeling under the weather for about two weeks now. I called last week but wasn't able to get an appointment until this week. I went in filled with worry and left overflowing with tears and sadness. I have to take her to the emergency clinic in Pittsburgh in about a half hour. The emergency clinic is at the same vet office that we went to for the past 5-6 years while living up there and I have the greatest confidence in them. She has to get fluid drained from her chest cavity and then some tests will be done to determine what the cause of the fluid buildup is from. Most likely cause is not good news.

The pooch is 10 years old. There were lots of times that she really was the best and only friend that I had. I've warned Greg many times that the pooch has been along a lot longer than he has. She needs to be around for much longer. She is still such a puppy at heart and even the vet commented that based on her spirited behavior, she couldn't believe the pooch is as sick as she is. The tech wondered if the pooch got her toughness from me. I said, "No, I have always gotten my strength from her."

3 Comments:
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Oh, Annie. This is just awful. I am too familiar with that clinic. Our dog was there for a week every night, then we would pick him up, and drive him to our vet for the day. He had pneumonia. Our vet told us to put him down, but we did not listen. The Emer Vet told us that we may have to take him to a vet hospital in Cleveland... we packed and were ready when he turned it around. That was 3 years ago. I will pray that your pooch has the same fate as ours. There is nothing worse than one of your family members being ill. Please feel free to contact me if you want to talk.

(((((((((HHUUUUUUGGSSSSS)))))))))))))

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Hugs, Annie.

I hope the emergency vet can make her all better.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about Peyote. She is such a sweet kind doggie, second to barclay she is the greatest dog I ever met, no joke. She'll pull through. I'll keep her in my prayers!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home