gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Freedom!!!

I have been looking forward to today from the moment I got the idea to plan it. I was dropping the kids off for my mom to enjoy them while I went to do some errands. To some this might not sound like a big deal but cannot honestly think of a single time since becoming a mom that I did errands while kid free. Although I do get some time to do things without my kids, they are always social activities with my friends. I do really like hanging out with my friends but there is also something good to be said about hanging out with myself. I thought briefly about taking my camera with me to take pictures for my blog of me out in public by myself but not only would that have been totally silly, but it just would have been too hard to get a good photo since it would have had to have been a self photo and my arms are just entirely too short for that to work.

The kids were pretty excited about getting to spend some time without Mom at Grammi's house. So excited that as soon as we pulled into my parents' driveway the kids started saying, "Bye bye Mommy!!"

First stop was Target. I parked and got out of the car and just walked right inside! There was no trying to get kids unbuckled and lifting kids from seats and making sure hands were held and getting Will into a cart and reminding Marcus that if he was going to walk he needed to listen. I was flying through the store. In about 40 minutes I was back at my car and my birthday shopping was done, I had a bunch of goodies for Easter baskets, and even Maya had a treat.

Then it was off to a print shop where my friend works. I needed a copy for something for our "adoption stuff" and I hadn't seen my friend forever. Got the copy and then off to the courthouse to submit everything. The woman who usually handles the registration of foreign births was on the phone but the lady helping me said everything looked fine. According to her, she didn't even think that we needed to appear in court. A judge will probably just review and sign off on everything and that will be that! Then it was back to the print shop to run in to see my friend since I realized I had her birthday card in my purse. Had I been with the kids, I never would have gone back because it would have been one more time I needed to get the kids in and out of the car.

Hmm... still had more time... What to do? Starbucks! I treated myself to a highly overpriced cup of chai and ran into a friend. Then it was off to the Outlets to find some pj's for Will.

In just over 2 hours I was able to go to five different places. Had kids been in tow, that would have taken me a minimum of three mornings to complete.

The only downfall was once I got home and the kids were "napping", I had a crazy puppy that needed some attention. Normally during nap time I am able to get a couple things done around the house but today I was forced to play fetch and tug which was more fun than laundry anyway. Just looking forward to the next time I can send the kids to Grammi's!

3 Comments:
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Cara said...

i LOVE sending the kids to grammi's! it's the BEST thing EVER!!!! glad you enjoyed your day :)

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

You should sneak out more often. It is wonderful isn't it?

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Wow. I cannot even imagine doing errands Pog-free. Good for you!!! Would Grammi like to watch my kid too? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home