gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I love a great bargain... and my friends are okay too.

I've been planning on writing this post for a week now. Finally.

A week ago, our nuclear family headed to the outlet mall because I heard one of the kid's stores there was having a huge sale. Despite the fact that the outlets are about 3 miles away, I hardly ever go there. Of course I parked on the wrong end of the place and we had to walk all the way around to get to The Children's Place. Greg was instructed to hold the bag and I thought he was going to have a heart attack while I dumped armfuls of stuff in there. This is what we came home with:

There are 2 fleece pullovers, 7 long sleeved t-shirts, 2 long sleeved collared shirts, 2 pairs of cords, and 2 pairs of slippers. Everything is a size bigger than what the kids are wearing now so hopefully something will fit one of them next fall. No one item cost me more than $2.99 and the color returned to Greg's face when the cashier announced that the total was $36.

Apparently my friends are pretty cool. They might not be that punctual but they are cool. A group of my knitting girls all got together to make me a housewarming gift. Now sure, you might note that I was left to warm my house on my own for the past six months, but really that is just a minor detail. Seven of my knitting friends hand knit me a dishtowel a piece. They are so unique and pretty that I think I might just display them and enjoy their beauty rather than use them.

Thank you all for your wonderful and unexpected gift!

2 Comments:
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh we were just waiting for your house to get dirty! It took six months! That's impressive;)

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Emmy said...

I have a really hard time visiting washpa without hitting up the Children's Place outlet...and I do the same thing, stuff a ton of clothes into a bag (in fact, I think jake has some of those shirts in your picture) and get really excited when I hear what the total is, because it's rarely over $20!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home