gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What are you doing?

A lot going on around here. So much has been going on that I think I really should write something down in the blog that has happened and then life just keeps on going and I never get around to it. Here's the rundown.

Father's Day weekend has come and gone. I warned Greg that he was going to have a pretty lame Father's Day. I tried to make up for it by surprising him on Friday with an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. The kids picked out which cake they wanted to give him and Greg was really excited with the cake.

Hate to break it to all the other kids out there, but it seems that my kids got the #1 dad, so at best, the rest of yinz are stuck with #2 dads.

Saturday I ditched the family to go hang out with some friends and see the Dave Matthews Band. I meant to take my camera but was left with the camera on my phone only. I spent the evening with Christy,

Val,

concertBFF (who I missed getting a picture of at the concert because my phone ran out of memory, so I took a picture of him at my house),

and I spent the evening with myself as well.

I also talked with another friend of mine for a bit in the parking lot. The weather couldn't have been more perfect - sunny and breezy. The concert was near perfect as well. There was an incredible set list with lots of rarely heard songs and the performance was just epic. Best Dave concert I have been to ever. That concert makes my third of the season, and my ninth Dave Matthews Band Concert in my lifetime.

Unfortunately for Greg, I got home really late Saturday night and was really tired come Sunday. ConcertBFF stayed at our house and needed a ride home on Sunday so I was off delivering him home. Greg's Father's Day was mostly spent watching the kids. We had a nice cookout with my family in the evening and I got to give my own dad his Father's Day kiss. Also planned on taking my camera to the cookout and totally forgot.

Back to life as normal come Monday - or at least as normal as life gets around here. Marcus has certainly entered that hilarious 3 year old stage where he just says the funniest things. He somehow manages to say, "What are you doing?" but the "what are you" part comes out in one syllable. I can't even replicated it. He continues to be the rule enforcer around here and yelled at me a few days ago for being on the kitchen counter, "Get down, Mommy! No go up there!" This evening he was helping me fold up a chaise lounge chair and warned me, "Watch your fingers, Mommy." I wish I could remember half the stuff that he says. Speaking of, Will talks in full sentences. This has been going on for awhile now. He just kinda slid into it and one day a couple weeks ago I thought, when did this even happen? He uses pronouns like I, we, you, and us pretty consistently correct. He is completely potty trained. Almost completely I guess since he still wears a diaper at nap and night. Maya is recovering from her surgery last week. She was supposed to get her stitches out on Thursday but I took her in today because her incision looked kind of gross. She had a reaction to the stitches. Not really sure how this happens but as I told her, no one in our family does things the easy way so it would only make sense. She is stitch free, on antibiotics, and was tearing around the yard this evening after birds and bunnies. And as for me? It was a great evening to sit back in a chaise lounge and watch my beautiful family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home