gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Monday, August 17, 2009

A Couple Things

Here's a couple things worth mentioning but not worthy of their own post:

- I made tomato sauce from some garden tomatoes. It is super yummy. I figured I would try to do some canning, something I have never done before. I didn't have a ton of sauce but gave it a try. I think I did it okay but I am really paranoid that I am going to kill my whole family.

- Maya attended her first concert. We took the whole family up to Hartwood Acres last week to see Son Volt. Greg knows the band's music. I do not. It was a fabulous evening to be hanging out with the family under the open sky.


- We missed out on making it to our pool one day last week so we got out our little wading pool. The kids had a blast riding the sliding board into the pool repeatedly. It was quite a hot day. Maya was more than happy to be watered. After swimming the kids took off their swimsuits and decided that before they got dressed, they needed to dry Maya off. It was quite a sight seeing those two pale bummed boys toweling off the pup.


- We've been using an electric collar to train Maya for about two weeks now. Really the only issue we have been having is that she is just too darn friendly. As soon as she sees our neighbors, she takes off to greet them. The majority of the neighbors are dog people and don't really care, but we care. The collar hasn't really fixed this situation yet but at least now she will go and get a little love from the neighbors and then come back instead of hanging out and making us drag her back. It is really quite amazing how far she has come in such a short time. She now comes immediately when called (unless she needs some neighbor love first), sits at lightening speed when commanded, and drops her stick immediately when bringing it to us to play fetch.

- I made CDs for my kids to listen to when they fall asleep that have some soft and slow songs by some of my favorite artists on them. The other day the TV was on and this was a little snippet about Dave Matthews and they showed him playing a couple measures of one of his songs live. Will ran and got his guitar. Marcus started yelling, "That Marcus's music!! That Marcus's music!!" It took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about but indeed, Marcus realized through just a few seconds that played of the song that the song is the first one on his CD.

- Greg and I had a hot date the other night... to the Washington County Fair. I have to say that was the first time I ever went on a date that included a hay ride and sheep. The Clarks were playing at the fair so we got a sitter and headed out to hear them play. We both had a great time. They mostly played things from their newest album, Restless Days. The set list was also heavy with songs from Let it Go and Fast Moving Cars. It was recently discovered that Scott Blasey, the lead singer, is married to a woman who grew up in my neighborhood. He and his family have been spotted swimming at the pool we belong to. I have yet to see him there though.

- Greg got Will up from his nap on Sunday and Greg was laughing really hard. I peeked in to see what was going on but couldn't really see much. Greg asked, "What happened to your shirt?" Will responded with lots of hand gestures in his most befuddled voice, "I don't know!" Will came out of his room thoroughly confused by how he could have gotten into this situation.


- The kids' new Power Wheels has been fixed. It now has power again. I think we are the only family in town that has a Power Wheels that gets 2 miles to the gallon.

1 Comments:
At 9:17 AM, Blogger DrBabyMamaDrama said...

I love Will's shirt! Very avant garde!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home