gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Quick

Been a really busy week. Greg was off work which resulted in lots of blog-worthy stuff but little time to actually blog. I'll get caught up eventually. In the meantime...

Marcus is now wearing underwear full time, including at night. He has been waking up dry in the morning for probably two months now. I asked him a couple times if he wanted to wear underwear to bed but he insisted on pull-ups. So I just didn't ask him one night and put on underwear. He has been wearing underwear at night since. Yesterday Greg started teaching him how to "pee like a big boy" (a.k.a. pee standing up). We were waiting until he was tall enough to reach without a step stool. He's a pretty short kid. I had no idea what was going on in the bathroom during these instruction times since I have no experience in peeing standing up. Today I overheared Marcus tell Greg, "Have to put the seat up Daddy so the girls don't get mad." Glad to know Greg included this important step in his teachings.

Not too much new with Will. Ever since I relaxed with him using the potty, we have had no accidents. He is still quite the football obsessed child. He started asking recently to watch Steelers on TV. Greg took Marcus out with him to do some errands the other day and I knew Will wouldn't be too happy to not be included. I found Greg's Steelers Championship 2005 Season DVD and suggested Will and I watch some Steelers while they were gone. I figured we would watch for about 5 minutes so he wouldn't be so upset about missing out on running errands and then he would be running around playing and not paying any attention after that. That is what usually happens when he asks to watch TV. Not this time. He sat on the couch holding his football and Terrible Towel for over an hour watching highlights of the season. The only time he moved was to wave his towel.

1 Comments:
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Any potty taringing tips welcomed...Mario JUST started...he turned 2 on March 17th... am I late, early... HELP!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home