gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Monday, August 03, 2009

Carrots - Overdue Post Part 1

Since Greg was home from work last week and I had a little extra time, I decided to make some chicken noodle soup. You know, because when you think of summer you think of soup. The recipe didn't call for carrots but while I was assembling the soup, I thought just maybe there were some carrots in my garden. (I used the alphabet soup recipe from Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld.) I have had several people tell me that they never had much luck with carrots in their gardens in this area. I accidentally picked a carrot while weeding a few weeks ago that was about an inch long so I wasn't expecting much. I was really surprised!



Most of the carrots were on the smallish size but the tastiest carrots I have ever had in my life. Not sure if I am going to grow carrots again though because those things are near impossible to get out of the ground. I broke the biggest carrot trying to pull it out. I still have a lot more carrots in the garden but just haven't found the energy to try to dig them out.

And the result... Some really incredible soup. (I used whole wheat pasta in the shape of characters from the movie "Cars".)

1 Comments:
At 8:34 PM, Blogger DrBabyMamaDrama said...

How pretty is that? I love your soup!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home