gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Picnics

Last weekend was the weekend of picnics and eating outside. We attended a cookout on Saturday that was just for families who have adopted from Guatemala. A blogging buddy of mine who I will not point fingers at (only links) secured an invitation for us and then she conveniently didn't show up. (Seriously though, I hope everything is okay with her since I haven't heard from her.) We didn't know the host except through Facebook and it turns out that most of the guests also just knew each other through Facebook as well. There were five families there with a total of seven children all adopted from Guatemala. It was incredible to see all those kids together. I felt like I was in this exclusive club: Guatemala Families Only! It was exciting and sad as well, to know that there are so many children just like ours that are still in Guatemala waiting for their adoptions to be finalized and so many more children who won't have the opportunity to be adopted due to politics. We had a great time at the picnic and ended up staying longer than I anticipated. We got to catch up with our friends Jennifer and Jason and their daughter Karla who I hadn't seen for a while.



Sunday we had a cookout at our house. It was an impromptu kind of thing that worked out nicely. My sister brought her puppy Ranger over to play with Maya. They had met on the Fourth of July but Ranger was still very small and when Maya tried to play with him, he got flattened. Ranger was still smaller than Maya but ready to hold his own. I spent most of the picnic watching the two pups play together.



And after that busy weekend, there was nothing more I wanted to do than kick back and relax with my girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home