gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, September 10, 2009

4 8 15 16 23 42

Blogging by The Numbers

4. Marcus is doing great at school. I asked his teacher today how he was adjusting and all she had to say was that he was doing just fine. He saw me outside the classroom today when I went to pick him up. He started in on this slow smile that grew into a giant smile and ended with him running to me for a hug.

8. Will started sleeping in a toddler bed a few months ago with no problems. Last week he repeatedly got out of his bed at nap time and then proceeded to trash his room. I told him that if he got out of bed again, he would be back to sleeping in a baby bed. Less than five minutes later, he was out of bed. Will is sleeping in a crib again.

15. I've been attempting to knit again. Just been too busy to really pick up the yarn lately. I started this glove for my brother's better half in March and finished it in August. I figured it would be a quick project because I only needed to knit one... It still managed to take me five months. It will be a Christmas present.

Yesterday I started another potential Christmas present that I can't really blog about since the recipient is a reader. This second project it going much faster. I'm probably 40% done after just over 24 hours since I started. Hopefully I can keep up the pace so I am not finishing up on Christmas Eve. Only 4 more months to finish!

16. I started re-watching Lost starting at season 1. Anyone who thinks that the creators of that show were just making it up as they go along is crazy. Speaking of crazy, I was a bit crazily addicted to watching it during every moment my kids were in bed and I wasn't. I watched the entire first season in a week. I decided I better slow my pace and do some other things around here that needed done since then. I'm currently on season 2, episode 7.

23. My cousin who lives out of state told me over the weekend that he and his wife are starting the process to become foster parents. They will also be able to adopt through the foster system and are hoping to bring a school-aged child into their lives. How exciting!

6. I signed Marcus up for soccer! I am far more excited about this than he is. It is just some basic instruction in soccer skills for 3-4 year olds. He will go for one hour once a week for eight weeks. I am already starting to freak out about the idea of winter+kids+puppy and nothing to do. At least this will give us something to do one morning a week. If the soccer stuff turns out to be a good time, by the time the next session rolls around Will will be old enough to do it as well. I am sure Will is not going to be at all happy this time around that he isn't playing soccer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home