gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Bursting Your Bubble

I like to keep secrets. I am not very good at it so it is sort of a challenge for me. I like to keep secrets so I can surprise people with something much bigger and better in the future than telling the secret at that point would do. Contrary to the suspicions of my mother-in-law, I am not keeping a secret this time. I wish I was. My mother-in-law had this idea that perhaps Greg and I weren't telling anyone that when we went down to Guatemala on our trip to visit Marcus, that we would be bringing him back home with us. I really wish this was the case. Unfortunately, not going to happen.

Our file should be going into PGN any minute (it might already be there). If, God willing, we get our file approved quickly, it will still be another month before we can travel to get Marcus forever. Hypothetically in a perfect world with a perfect system that works the way it is supposed to, our final trip could be as soon as early October. I am expecting a much longer wait than that.

I am sorry to report that I am not keeping any secrets right now. Our trip will just be a visit. I still haven't figured out exactly how I am going to be able to fall in love with this little boy during our eight day stay and be able to hand him back over to the wonderful woman who has been caring for him. I have no doubt he is being loved very much and is getting wonderful care. Greg is still going to have to drag me to the airport kicking and screaming when we have to come home.

--Annie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home