gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, November 03, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Okay, not really. But I am thinking Christmas. For some reason I am really looking forward to Christmas this year, more than any year. Or at least more than any year since I believed in Santa. Last year was definitely exciting, what with a new baby and all. But this year! Two kids! What could be better? (Well, three but we definitely aren't ready for that yet.)

Friday after I picked Marcus up from school we headed out for some Christmas shopping. My brother is done. Last night Marcus had yet another incredibly grouchy night so he was in bed early - 7:00. No sooner did his head hit the sheets than I was off. Seriously, could you think of anything greater to do on a Friday night then spending the evening alone in Jo-Ann Fabrics? I think not!

I was on a mission. I decided to make some place mats for my brother's girlfriend from Bend the Rules Sewing. (She doesn't read my blog and none of you better tell her about this!) My brother said that their decor has lots of natural colors in it, browns and blacks. I love the natural look myself but I also wanted to add a little splash of color. I wasn't quite sure what I was looking for until I saw it, about 2 minutes after I entered the store. I'll definitely post the final product but here is the fabric I am using.


Since my mission was over in a flash, I figured I better enjoy my time alone shopping and started a second mission. Unfortunately this mission needs to be kept under wraps. I started writing some Christmas cards this morning. Last year I had all my cards done by Halloween, not because I am normally that organized but because I knew Marcus would be coming home and I didn't want to waste time writing cards that I could use getting to know him. Obviously, I am way behind in my Christmas card writing this year.

Marcus has had a couple of rough nights. I figured it was just from one of his molars coming in. Apparently it was something else too. He was tired. He is usually up at 7 on weekends. Since he was in bed so early last night I figured we would be lucky to make it to 7 this morning. I got up at 7:30. Hmm... no sounds from the monitor. I made breakfast. Nothing. I did a load of laundry. Nope. I caught up on all my blog reading. Zip. Finally around 9:20 I heard some stirring. The unfortunate part of it all though is that I assumed this would mean that Marcus would want nothing to do with his afternoon nap. I wasn't far off. He has been "napping" for about an hour and a half now. This nap has involved him yapping away happily in his crib. As long as he is happy in there, he stays. Is that snoring I hear? Why yes. I do believe he has just fell asleep.

1 Comments:
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Fun fabric choice! Can't wait to see your finished products!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home