gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

That was easy, but still not done

After several phone calls to the courthouse and me asking, "Where's my stuff?" I finally got an answer on Thursday. A judge had signed off on all our "stuff" and the foreign births of my two sons were being registered in PA. Then it was time for the next step... which was merely picking up the original Guatemalan birth certificates and our adoption decrees. That's it! And I put that off for how long?? In all fairness this process turned out to be way easier to do in this county than it would have been to accomplish prior to when we moved. So, I am quite glad I put it off. (At least that is what I am telling myself.)

However, we are still not completely done. We could be, but since I would like to actually have copies of my kids' US issued birth certificates, I still have to request those. I have to wait a few weeks to send in the paperwork for that though since I was told to allow some time for the office that is going to file the registrations of foreign births needs time to do the actual filing. Then are adoptions will be for really real done! Well, apart from changing Marcus's name on his passport but I don't see a time anytime soon when he will be leaving the country.

I almost forgot to pick up the paperwork I kept bugging the courthouse about. The weather here has been hot and sunny and all that has been on our minds is going outside to play. So much so that we were getting our shoes on to go outside to play when I remembered that I had to go to the court house to get those official documents that would be nearly impossible to replace.

More posts to follow on our summer fun in the springtime.

1 Comments:
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Bethany said...

Yea for Marcus and Will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home