gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Choo Choo Mania

My dad likes trains. A lot. I have probably mentioned this before but I am too lazy to go back through all my old posts to find my last post on the subject. My dad has a huge room dedicated to his trains. Almost every time we go over there, Marcus asks to see Pap-pap's trains. During our most recent viewing of the trains, I told Marcus that he should ask Pap-pap if he could drive. I vaguely recall my dad showing me at some point how to work the trains but for the most part, the trains were not to be touched by my siblings and me. They were my dad's trains only. (This isn't to say that maybe, perhaps, there might have been a time or ten that possibly my brother and I played with my dad's trains without permission and did our best to park the trains back in the right place when we were done so we wouldn't be discovered.) Marcus was in heaven when Pap-pap lifted him onto his lap and let him take the controls. Pap-pap also looked rather happy to be sharing his love of trains.


Will got a chance to drive as well. I was getting a bit nervous at the speed Will The Conductor was operating at.


Although most of the wall space now in my dad's train room is covered with actual trains, one small space is still reserved for this masterpiece of a painting I did when I was a kid.


(Any iPhone users out there have any advice for getting photos off my phone and onto my computer? I prefer to use my camera, but often don't have it with me when a photo opportunity arises. Right now the method of emailing the photos to myself and then having to save them on my computer is really tedious.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home