gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Friday, September 25, 2009

Maya

Maya, Maya, Maya... She is doing good. I unofficially weighed her by weighing myself on the bathroom scale and then picking her up and repeating. She clocked in at 52 lbs. We recently decided that she is over the weight limit for the cosleeper that she has been sleeping in (yes, my dog used the cosleeper way more than the kids did) and dismantled that. She has not been happy. We all got one good night of sleep since when she realized that the memory foam dog bed on the floor is really comfortable but then the next night decided laying on my legs was still more comfortable.



Don't let this cuteness fool you though. She has a secret weapon. For whatever reason, she doesn't seem to understand that poison ivy is bad. Our house is surrounded by woods and therefore, surrounded by poison ivy. She runs into the stuff headfirst and of course is completely unaffected by it. I have pretty much had a couple spots the entire summer mainly from her getting the oils on her fur and then cuddling with me. Marcus loves to cuddle with Maya too and is currently sporting a scabby nose. I think Maya must have gotten poison ivy on the top of her head and then he did his typical rubbing of the bridge of his nose on her head. I thought I was in the clear this time, that Marcus must have rubbed off the last of the oils. (Just had to take a long pause in typing there to scratch like crazy.) I am covered in the stuff right now. It is spread out in little spots on my arms and hands which isn't that big of a deal. However, my face is covered. Both of my cheeks are a scabby mess as well as the whole underside of my chin/neck. And my lips. Yes, I have poison ivy on my lips. Marcus took a look at my face and said, "You have a U on it!" That pretty much sums it up. I have a great big nasty itchy U shaped rash from one cheek, across the chin, and back up the other side. Loving that pup of mine is making me miserable. And ugly.

I hate poison ivy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home