gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Parties and Pumpkins

If I weren't so far behind with blogging, I am sure this would have been a couple separate post with lots more words to go along with the pictures. But at last, you get to see our little family life and don't have to listen to my ramblings so much. Enjoy and Happy Halloween!

We had our annual Halloween Party last week. Sorry I didn't plan ahead better and just sent out invites a little more than a week ahead of time. It was a great time. Thanks everyone who came and sorry I missed all of those that couldn't make it. It was amazing to me to see the diversity of my friends. Up until my boys came along, I had only ever had white friends with one African American friend mixed in there. It was nothing I ever did intentionally, it was just that my community wasn't that diverse. During our party, the white kids were just about outnumbered. I love how my life has evolved. Both my boys are just loving the idea of Halloween this year. Especially Marcus, who wants to wear his costume all the time and has been telling me all about the ghosts that he sees. Maybe he just has a strong sixth sense. (If I post a picture of you or your kid and you want me to remove it, just let me know. I can't keep track of who I got okays from and who I forgot to ask.)




That looks like an odd beverage of choice for a ladybug











It had gotten cold so we came in the garage and closed the door. The kids decided to run in circles around the garage with every push and riding toy we own. It was LOUD. Then there was Will, my little guy who always insists on going against the grain. He just hung out in the middle watching all the other kids while he ate some mac 'n cheese.


The next day we were off to the local pumpkin patch. This was Will's second trip and Marcus's third. We got to enjoy a few activities and animals before catching the hay ride. There were some baby cows there. Will liked them and kept saying, "Hi, Moo."


This pumpkin was record size, although I don't know if it was the biggest ever in state or just the county. It weighed 1444.5 lbs.


A polka dotted sheep. Is this normal?


I took this picture last year.


I still couldn't get them to look at the camera, but at least Will wasn't crying this year!


Will picking his pumpkin.


Marcus's first pumpkin pick, although I coerced him into getting a bigger one since the pumpkin patch is so darn expensive and I wanted us to get our money's worth.


Lost in the maize maze.


Hay Maze



They cheated before and they are still cheating in the hay maze this year.



This is a picture I took of Marcus in 2007 on his first trip to the pumpkin patch. He had just learned to walk and was loving all his new found movement. I've always liked this picture so I tried to recreate it this year.



The final pumpkin selection.


Next up was our playgroup Halloween Party. There was food and crafts and lots of kids in costumes. I don't know a lot of the moms so I didn't post too many pictures from this event. We ended up having to leave early so we could get to story time at the library since we had yet another Halloween Party to go to there.

Mmm... snacks.


Will, Marcus, and Avery. Go WVU!!!


A great shot of my great pumpkin, borrowed from a friend of mine, Avery's mommy.


Another borrowed picture from Avery's mom that I just love.


I've never been a fan of carving pumpkins. Greg apparently isn't either. I suppose we will someday give our children the experience of pumpkin carving, but that day will come when they will be able to do more of the carving (and guck removal and cleanup) themselves. For now, we paint.








Trick-or-Treat is tonight. I'm not expecting anything extraordinary to happen. I am expecting on getting to my kids' candy before they do. Have a great Halloween!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home