gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Friday, November 09, 2007

Last Day at Work

Today is my last day at work. I took vacation all next week and then my parental leave will start the week of Thanksgiving. It is kind of weird at work today, knowing I won't be back, but not nearly as weird as I thought it would be. My boss brought in bagels and cream cheese to celebrate! Everyone in my unit signed a card for me too. Last time I went on leave I didn't know that I was going until the night before my last day so there was no time for anyone to get me cards or yummy food so this was a very nice treat.

I have been having a good time not doing any work as well. Okay, so I did a few things. But looking through my email was fun. I would read the first line of something that would start, "Effective December 5" and instantly I would delete. Not going to affect me! Someone called me this morning with an issue and I told them that I would have my coworker take care of it. Then an email from someone about an issue. I just forwarded that one over to a coworker. Why do any work when I can pawn it off on other people?

Next week I already have a play date planned for Marcus. Other than that we will have time to get our house in order a bit, do some cooking and freezing so there won't be much cooking to do when we come back, and just spend some time alone with Marcus. And of course we will be counting the minutes until we leave to get William!

1 Comments:
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Gail said...

That sounds like so much fun.
Enjoy your last day.
Gail

 

Post a Comment

<< Home