gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Big Boys

I am now the mom of two big boys. I have two kids out of diapers and, most recently, two boys out of cribs.

I had this vision of my two boys sharing "the blue room". And as much as we have tried (which really wasn't all that much), it just hasn't worked out. Instead, Marcus has been spending nights in the blue room and napping in "the pink room". Will has been spending the nights in the pink room (in a pack 'n play he doesn't really fit in anymore) and napping in his crib in the blue room. It wasn't making any sense. I suggested that we move Will's crib into the pink room.

Greg and I don't always agree on parenting matters.

Greg pulled a "me". He just started acting and didn't run it by his other half, and basically just took the situation by the reins. I played the role of Greg and hung back and let him take over the situation.

Greg took apart Will's crib in the blue room and put together the crib converted into a toddler bed in the pink room. Friday night Greg hung out in the pink room for over an hour waiting for Will to fall asleep in his new space. Greg finally gave up and after a few tears, Will slept all night and just fine in his new toddler bed. This is the third night he's been in there and he took a nap in there today too. So far he hasn't even tried to escape but I fully plan to hold it over Greg's head when he does.



(And yes, the pink room is really that pink. We call it "radioactive Peptobismal". The baseboards and the trim of the windows and doors is painted a dark purple, that can be seen in the bottom of the photograph. The thought of all the primer involved in that project and trying to paint in there when someone isn't sleeping makes my stomach turn.)

2 Comments:
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am going to wait for reports of escape from Pinkatraz to start considering this whole Big Kid bed thing. The freedom scares me! But everybody is doing it!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger jen said...

I think all he needs now is a Hannah Montana poster for the wall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home