gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Because I like to welcome insanity into my life...

Because I like to welcome insanity into my life, I figured the only thing crazier than having two two year olds is to have two two year olds and an 8 week old puppy. Yep, we are now dog owners again. But this just isn't your regular old 8 week old puppy. This just happens to be the cutest 8 week old puppy that ever existed.



We put a deposit down a couple of weeks ago on a chocolate lab and I did the best I could not to tell too many people (which wasn't that good). Yesterday evening we went to the breeder's to decide which pup would be ours. We had third pick out of the females so there were three females to pick from. I didn't know how we would be able to pick. Our pup made it easy by picking me. She came right up to me and snuggled into my neck. Then we were ready to head home.


The breeder said the pup was really tired because she was out playing a lot yesterday. She was too curious about the car ride to rest. The kids were so excited about having her home. We have been talking about it for the past couple of weeks and Marcus kind of had some idea about what was going on. As soon as we came in he was trying to shove her bone at her. I felt bad for her last night because she was just so tired and scared. So I babied her and Greg heated up dinner.

She was just so tired and cute that I couldn't bear to put her down, so I ate my dinner with her in my lap.

Greg wasn't too excited about us breaking the rules within the first hour of her being home but the poor thing... yeah, I'm a sucker. She slept most of the evening and finally was ready to do some playing late in the evening.

We were thinking that maybe she would sleep in her crate overnight. We put her in there and she started crying. Greg went in the bathroom to brush his teeth and somehow, she ended up in bed with me by the time he came out. I got up with her twice last night but other than that she was fine snuggling and sleeping with us. She did need rescuing twice because she managed to fall out of bed.

It was warmer today than it has been so we spent a lot of time outside. She gets tired really fast though and isn't used to the cold. I came up with a solution.

I invited my parents to come over and didn't specify why. I figured that they had figured it out though. They were thinking they would see a puppy when they pulled in since we were playing outside. It took them a few minutes to realize I had a snoring lump in my coat.

She is still pretty timid but is warming up to us. She doesn't quite know what to think of the kids because they just want to love her so much and she feels crowded. She does better with them outside. She likes playing with her stuffed squirrels and hiding under the piano bench. She likes sleeping in her crate and all cuddled up with me. I typed this whole blog entry with her snuggled up on my chest. Of course I have taken about a hundred pictures so far. So enjoy the photos of our newest addition who we are naming Maya.








And just to make it perfectly clear, she might be cute and cuddly and totally adorable, but I refuse to spoil her under any circumstances. She will need to work for her luxuries.

2 Comments:
At 6:33 PM, Blogger jen said...

OMG...she is sooo cute! She looks good on you, Annie!

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Maya fits right in... she is a beautiful addition to your family! :-) Congrats on your new baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home