gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Fruit of my Labor



It might not look like much, but this one little strawberry represents a small financial investment, hours of digging and watering, and lots of hope. I decided to try gardening this year. I know nothing of the sport. The previous owners of our house had a nice area fenced off for a garden (and the holes in the fence turned out not to be small enough to keep out bunnies), so I decided to see what I could do. So far, I haven't done much. I have a couple zucchini plants kinda growing as well as some tomatoes. I started a few sweet peppers from seeds and several of those seedlings are hanging out while I wait for them to flourish. I put a package of carrot seeds and a package of onion seeds in the ground. We'll see what happens. I also have a blueberry bush (are they bushes?) and some grapes and of course, one little strawberry plant that had one strawberry on it until I ate it this morning. So delicious! Then there is my deck. There I have some spinach, jalapeno peppers, and a couple more tomato plants soaking up some sun on the deck. A huge harvest would be amazing, but I would settle for a few more strawberries too.

1 Comments:
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Cara said...

That's awesome! But, so jealous! we have a huge patch of strawberries and no fruit yet! (at least not since friday - off to check out the strawberries!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home