gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Monday, February 09, 2009

Dog Days of Winter

It has been a wild crazy week around here. We have all been having a lot of fun and crashing really hard at the end of the day.



We had to make an unexpected trip to the vet on Friday. Maya was having some tummy troubles and stopped eating and drinking. I wasn't about to put off a trip to the doctor since (a) she is so little and (b) the pooch getting sick unexpectedly is still so fresh in my mind. By the time we got to our appointment, she had already started to perk up and she is just fine now. I had been wondering how much she weighs. She is just under 11 pounds.

Maya is doing great with housebreaking. She is a genius. She only had two accidents all day today and that was when there was just a lot going on (Greg just got home from work, I was cooking dinner, we were trying to get the kids cleaned up for dinner). She and I have been taking walks around the yard almost everyday off the leash and she follows me, stops to sniff, and most of the time runs to catch up when I call her. She can now sit, shake, and lay down as long as she knows that she is going to get a treat for her efforts. There are a lot of things I want to teach her but she needs to mature a bit yet. She started playing fetch yesterday and today which is awesome. Maya has been letting us sleep too. She loves the cosleeper and rarely has a potty issues at night. I end up waking her up once every night to take her out and usually have to wake her up in the morning too. I am still exhausted. My days are just so physical.

I thought life with two toddlers was physical. I forgot how much they have grown. I don't have to keep an eye on them every second of every day. If they disappear around the corner of the couch, I don't have to make sure they aren't chewing on the furniture or peeing on the carpet. I am in and out the door at least fifteen times a day with the pup. I take Maya on 1-2 walks around our property every day. Even when the kids are napping and I used to get a break, now I am playing tug-of-war or feeding Maya or taking her out yet again.

Today I looked at the clock at 10:45 am and realized I had been awake for 5 hours and the only time I sat down was for 2 minutes to write a smartass, one line email to a friend and 5 minutes to eat my breakfast. I did feel awesome for everything that had accomplished though!

We had some warm weather recently and today it was almost 60 degrees. Instead of relaxing at 10:45, I announced that we were going outside. The kids, Maya, and I took a little walk in the woods. It was Maya's first "hike". Then we played in the playhouse and on the swing set. Maya went down the sliding board. I guess she got a little too close to the edge and gravity took over. She was very graceful though and even when she flew off the end of the slide, she landed on all fours. Marcus and Will and I thought it was the most hilarious thing ever.

Totally random, but the moon last night was incredible! I was outside with Maya around 2 am and it was so bright that I had a shadow. I couldn't believe it. I actually turned around to see where the strange light was coming from because it never occurred to me that the moon could be bright enough to cast a shadow.

So, all is well. Just busy. I love busy though so I guess that still makes things well. Perhaps this blog will even return to its more normal subject here soon and I will stop talking almost exclusively about my kid with fur. Until then, enjoy some pictures!







1 Comments:
At 9:00 AM, Blogger DrBabyMamaDrama said...

Your puppy is soooo cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home